12 September 2011
|Nursing Education Institutions
South African Nursing Council
Examination Schedule – 2012
The Examination Schedule for 2012 has been published on this website.
Kindly take note of the following requirements applicable to the Council examinations:
- The closing date for examinations should be strictly adhered to and no exceptions or allowances will be made to extend these dates.
- Only registered students/pupils will be eligible for an examination: The Head of the Nursing Education Institution (NEI) must ensure that all students/pupils are registered with the Council within the prescribed period (this does not apply to candidates writing the Admission examination for Enrolled Nurses, Admission examination for Foreign Nurses and Refugee Nurses writing any Council examination/s. Candidates cannot be registered for an examination with an identity number, Council reference numbers are needed. Please follow up with our Registration department first if students are not registered for the course before registering students for an examination.
- The Council will only process examination applications for entry into the Council examination that meet the following requirements:
a. Submitted on the Council’s Application for Examination Form which is completed in full and signed by the relevant person/s (The name/s and surname as appearing in the identity document)
b. Accompanied by the prescribed fee or proof of payment of the fee into the Council’s bank account, such payment should be done by the Nursing Education Institution (NEI) (group payment) and not by individual students/pupils. Banking details are as follows:
|Name of Bank:
|First National Bank
|51425166282 (Current Account)
|Corporate Core Banking – Pretoria
|NEI S-number MUST APPEAR ON ALL DEPOSITS
NB: The Head of the NEI must ensure that payment of fees by their Provincial Department or Head Office must be for the particular NEI and examination.
Provincial bulk payments without specifications create administrative challenges and delay in processing of the applications.
c. All the required documentation to be included.
- Only those students/pupils that have been issued examination timetable number will be eligible to write Council examination.
- All practical MARK SHEETS must be submitted to the Council by Registered mail/Courier by the end of the month in which the examination is written. Examination results will be published without the practical marks if the PRACTICAL MARK SHEETS as per SANC format are not submitted on time, the results will be incomplete as such disadvantages the candidate.
- The SANC requests the invigilators not to enclose the practical mark sheet or any other documents with the Examination package.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel an examination reflected on the schedule if there are insufficient candidates for such an examination/s.
- The SANC requests the NEI’s to inform all their learners of the outcome of the examination results once published. No examination results will be given to NEI’s telephonically.
- In respect of the Admission Examination for the Course Leading to Enrolment as Nurse, the NEI has the responsibility to identify a learner/s who cannot be admitted into the second year of the course leading to Enrolment as Nurse (R.2175) before the learner has written and successfully passed the admission examination for the R.2175 course. No learner/s shall be allowed to write the Final year examination of the R.2175 course before they have passed either the First year examination R.2175, Auxiliary examination R.2176 or the Admission examination for R.2175
MR T MABUDA
S A NURSING COUNCIL