Circular 9/2023 Introduction of courier services for delivery of Distinguishing Device
TO: NATIONAL DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
PROVINCIAL DEPARTMENTS OF HEALTH
NURSING EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
ALL RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS
SUBJECT: INTRODUCTION OF COURIER SERVICES FOR DELIVERY OF DISTINGUISHING DEVICES
- To inform the Nurse Practitioners, the National Department of Health, Provincial Departments of Health, Nursing Education Institutions (NEIs) and other relevant stakeholders regarding the following:
- The SANC will deliver Nurse Practitioners’ distinguishing devices orders, paid via the bank, by courier services starting from 01 September 2023.
- The SANC is also embarking on a campaign for Nurse Practitioners to update their personal details to ensure we have recent and correct delivery addresses in its records which will assist with obtaining a higher rate of successful deliveries.
- The SANC sells distinguishing devices to Nurse Practitioners and these devices are currently sent using registered mail via the South African Post Office.
- The SANC has been inundated with complaints from Nurse Practitioners for not receiving their orders for distinguishing devices on time. Upon closer inspection, it became clear that the method used for delivery of orders is not effective and it was necessary to look at other delivery alternatives.
- UPDATE OF PERSONAL DETAILS FOR COURIER SERVICE PURPOSES
3.1 Obtaining Nurse Practitioners’ recent physical addresses and contact details is essential for the successful delivery of distinguishing devices, and the SANC therefore request Nurse Practitioners to update their personal details by following the process below:
Step 1: Go to the SANC website: www.sanc.co.za
Step 2: On the Home Page, go to QUICK LINKS (top, right of the page)
Step 3: Click on: DOWNLOADABLE FORMS
Step 4: Select the form: UPDATE OF CONTACT DETAILS FORM
Step 5: Complete the online form
Step 6: Click on: SEND.
3.2 It is important to note that the Nurse Practitioners should update their personal details before ordering distinguishing devices to ensure that their devices are delivered to the correct address.
- DELIVERY PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
4.1 DISTINGUISHING DEVICES
4.1.1 Distinguishing devices orders are currently delivered to Nurse Practitioners using registered mail via the South African Post Office (SAPO).
4.1.2 Starting from 01 September 2023 all orders paid through the bank will be delivered by courier.
4.1.3 Nurse Practitioners who pay their distinguishing devices orders at the bank and opt for delivery of their order to their physical addresses, will have to ensure that they provide the physical address on the order form.
4.1.4 The courier costs for distinguishing devices orders is R90.00 per parcel (only domestic delivery).
4.1.4 The procedure for ordering will not change, the only change will be that the amount usually charged for postage will be used for courier costs.
4.2 UNDELIVERED/RETURNED PARCELS
4.2.1 When a parcel is unsuccessfully delivered due to the unavailability of the Nurse Practitioner or provision of incorrect details by the Nurse Practitioner, the Nurse Practitioner will be liable for the return cost as charged by the courier company.
4.2.2 Nurse Practitioners will also pay courier cost for re-delivery of the parcel.
For further information in respect of this Circular, you are advised to contact Mr. B Manganyi, Acting Manager: Revenue Collections and Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 012 420 1081.
PROF NG MTSHALI
REGISTRAR AND CEO
SOUTH AFRICAN NURSING COUNCIL
Click the link below to download the Circular as a PDF